Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top 20: #9: Kitchen, #8: Floors

#9: Kitchen- 'nuff said.  I love it. I love the color of the cabinets, the space, the stainless steel, Santa Cecilia granite...love that my kids use it as a race track! It's a amazing! We chose not to do the gourmet island since we could both picture our kids bashing their head on it while running around! I am glad we did that since it gives us a lot of open space between the kitchen and family room.



#8: Floors: Love the darker floors! They shine and I am happy :-)

7 comments:

  1. The dark cabinets and floors really look nice with the stainless steel and lighter countertop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to getting some sort of carpet that is lighter for the morning room and dining room to break up some of the color. We love it though :-)

      Delete
  2. Elise, gotta love those shiny floors about a few hours after you "bona" them, I wont even put lotion on my feet. Have you ever done that........DONT I learned the hard way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I use a steamer to clean them and for a while after I walk along the outer line and family room to get around! So I know what you mean, no footprints! HAHA!

      Delete
  3. I love dark woods, great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen! I'm so excited it looks this nice because mine will be similar. I picked the dark wood too and I have your same island and same family room size, so I should benefit from the extra space in the kitchen of not having a gourmet island. Nice!

    What kind of refrigerator did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise, I am just reading your post today!! Ughhh!! My favorite line is "I love how that my kids use it as a race track" TOO CUTE!! When we first moved in my daughter at 30 years old decided to slide across the floor and I followed. It is so much fun!!

    I LOVE your KITCHEN CABINET COLORS AND FLOORS!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete