This meeting was amazing!! Here are some of the key things that happened during this meeting that brought about unexpected happiness:
1. Turns out we do not have a walk out basement as we originally thought. Why is this good? We save $4000 on whatever they do to make it a walk out, the distance between the door in the morning room to the backyard is way shorter, and, as a result, we can put in a patio instead of what would have been a high and expensive deck! This was what we really wanted and we were amazed at this great turn in events.
2. On Friday new colors and other areas were approved. This meant we could get the darker wood floors at the entry level price!!
We also will be getting a crisp white trim rather than the almond on the outside of the home. We chose from the new colors and picked our brick, a maroon door (the color is off in this picture) and a taupe colored siding (color off on this picture), and black shutters.
3. We found out that due to the placement of our house, much like the house we saw as we pulled into our neighborhood, we will have "high visibility view". This means that we will have BEAUTIFUL views from the upper level of our house. What it also means is that we had to add 3 windows to the upper level due to the HOA covenants to maintain the beauty of what people see as they enter the neighborhood (so they don't see a plain slab of siding). So, Andrew got an extra 2 windows for his room and Evan got an extra one!
4. The shower door in the master bath will have clear glass!
5. We upgraded our faucet again to the highest one so it matches better with the stainless steel sink. It is really pretty. Never thought I would be this excited about a faucet! It really completes what will be a beautiful kitchen.
6. We met the neighbors whose yard backs into our yard...and they are STEELER FANS!!! Bonus, Steeler parties on Sundays!
7. We get to walk our lot next weekend to see exactly how big our yard will be and where out house will be placed. Can't wait to do that!
We walked out of there sooo excited!! Since we pushed our completion date to help prep our house for sale, our pre-construction meeting will not be until mid-January. She said fro the time the first shovel goes into the ground it will be about 100 days. We are estimating beginning of May with any delays. Hoping time will fly and we will sell our house at the price we need to move forward comfortably!!