Sunday, February 10, 2013

Creating our own joy, one doorway at a time.

Today we decided that, before the drywall goes up this week, we would put some prayers/ blessings in certain doorways. We feel very fortunate and grateful to be given the opportunity to build a home for our family and want to keep it secure and full of joy! It is great to be able to put a little bit of us into it before it is complete.

Here are the pictures with the blessings (they are hard to see so I wrote what they are underneath).

This blessing is on the front door and the doorway leading from the garage to the house:
 "Let no sadness come through this gate. Let no trouble come into this dwelling. Let no fear come through this door. Let no conflict be in this place. Let this home be filled with the blessing of joy and peace." 


This blessing is on the doorway to the Master bedroom and Guest bedroom:
"May this home be a place of happiness and health, of contentment, generosity and hope, a home of creativity and kindness. May those who visit and those who live here know only blessing and peace."


This blessing is on the two boys' doorways:
"May God bless you and guard you. May God show you favor and be gracious to you. May God show you kindness and grant you peace."



Continued Happy Building. Everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Elise,
    Great Idea,I never thought about writing prayer/scriptures on the drywall. If you dont mind I would like to borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I am going to copy this idea as well! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually got the idea from several Bloggers before us. Seems like a great way to start off our life in our new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a special thing to do, and you chose such great blessings. Scripture, blessings, poetry or even inspirational quotes are perfect - and you will always know it's there. I'm another that will be on board with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! This really makes it your home. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! We thought the idea was really special when we saw others on the Blog doing it. Gave us a nice, warm feeling. I think it really makes the home ours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Elise! Those are great! My husband and I felt so blessed that we could do this before our drywall went up. You'll always know they are written there so it feels very personal and special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea, I wish we did that !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is one of the greatest ideas! My entire house is filled with scripture and positive affirmations!! I spent three days filling the house!! I even put them on each step, inside the garage etch etc

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! thanks for sharing, I'm sure your home will be filled with many blessings and love.

    ReplyDelete